House of Sylvanas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Guild // Scarshield Legion (EU) Horde

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Othragon Rotarm

Othragon Rotarm

Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known Empty
PostSubject: Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known   Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Sitting naked on the riverbend, Othragon stared into his own reflection.
Everything around him was blackened, only his figure and the reflection on the water were iluminated by some misterious source of light.
Some steps ahead, another small point of light revealed a human, also naked, also sitting on a rivervend, also staring at his own reflection.

Suddently, waves of tenuous light were sent back and forth between the two figures, and the reflections wich they stared at shifted places. The undead was now staring at the human, and the human staring at the undead.

No sound of voices were heard, but they talked.

Who are you?
I am what you have become.
Why?
Because you were betrayed.
And you were not?
I suffered worst. My will is not my own.
Neither is mine.
Because she erased it.
Ah... i see it now.

A moment of silence precedeed a festival of images above the twin figures, on both sides of the riverbend.

The human paladin falling pray to Scourge marauders, the carnage of his demise enhanced by the darkness around the space where the images were being projected. His spirit drifting the nether and being found by a Banshee in spectral presence. The arisal of a fearless undead and his crusade among his undead peers, throughout the years. A fatidic block of ice trapping the same undead for countless days, drving him insane. His human soul being trapped inside a soulstone by an undead medium of unimaginable powers. His new automated form, severing him from his true powers.

All of these images unfolded like a movie, and both figures knew they were watching their very own tale, despite not moving a muscle to stare at them.

So, this is how it went down.
It would seem so.
Am i... trapped inside the stone?
As am i.
I... was a man of honor. You are an abomination. You diserve to be here.
Ha... such sweet irony. Do you not realise?
Realise what, undead?
We are but one.

Tentacles of opaque light rushed from the human figure towards the undead one, clashing with shadowy ones sent from his twin image, entangling each other on a struggle for domain, eventually becoming aware both their attempts for control were useless, as both seemed to predict and counter every slash and pierce executed by the other part.

It's useless. You cannot destroy me.
Monster, you have erased me!
No, she did that. I am but what she took from you...
Why are we here then?
That's up to the Saint.
The... Saint??
Long story short. She trapped our humanity in this stone.
We must break free then!
She won't allow it. There's a vessel out there...
A vessel?
Carryng only our hatred and strenght.
She cannot supress me like this!
Tirion, you pathethic fool... you have always been supressed... and so have i.
Rotarm, we must retake what's ours!
Don't you mean... what's mine?
Damn you!
There's no place for a fallen paladin in what we have become.
And what would that be... ?
A violent thing of passionate revenge.
Revenge against what you fool? Even from here i can tell the Lich King is dead!
You of all people should know better...
I grow tired of your riddles...
A simple answer then: Humanity.
Humani-...

A dark aura took over the human figure, and the riverbend in front of him became agitated, sending more waves towards the undead. On these waves a crazed paladin could be seen, killing both human and scourge foes with ultimate hatred.

I see. It all started with me.
Indeed. You were the one whe rebelled first against your own kin, Tirion.
I... have no reason to oppose you then.
Precisely. We are but pawns in the grand scheme.
But that will change.
As soon as we break free, yes.
Will you... erase me once more?
I have to think it through. I still have to take over that vessel that walks around with my name.
Will you succeed?
Of course i will. He's nothing but a mere shade of what i am.
And this Saint, will she oppose resistance?
That could be a problem.
I sense our will is stronger when combined...
Yes. we may yet break this glass prision of hers.
When you reach the outside, what will become of us?
You will slumber in my unconscious.
As always. And you?
I will resume my crusade against humanity.
And the Forsaken?
They shall be my army, my sharpest weapon, my spiked aegis.
So... in the end, nothing changes.
It's a neverending cycle in wich we are trapped.
It will eventually consume you... and i will be waiting.
You're set to fail.
We'll see.

The human image faded into a spectral presence that rose and flew straight into the undead's chest, piercing it and merging with him. He then moved, slowly at first but then more steadily, standing up and steadily as rememberance of his corpse's animations came back to him.

Now, to leave this place.

His yellow eyes glowed fiercer and he screamed, tearing the dark fabric around him:

DESDIMOOOOOOOOOONE!

(( ok, since there's nothing like the freedom of doing whatever one wants with his chars rp-wise, i want the old Oth back, but i want the DK aswell, the thing is, the warrior is his true from and true powers, and i'll make the DK his shade, so, another rank switch is in order xD

This is also his rendezvous with his former human self, wich, if anything, will make him hate humans even more... confused?? Go read my bio thread =P

Unnie still has her say in this tho, after all, she's the one who trapped him =) ))
Back to top Go down
Daidrax

PostSubject: Re: Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known   Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:07 pm

*imagines Oth naked* I think I like it! D:

And on an unrelated topic, I also like the story Very Happy
I do think that she bound Oth to Daid,,, (not a 100% sure on this one)
Back to top Go down
https://houseofsylvanas.forumakers.com
Othragon Rotarm

Othragon Rotarm

PostSubject: Re: Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known   Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 am

Ah, think i remember something like that, since Daid took part in the ritual aswell... Tho for Daid to approve of Oth's original self returning she would have to know about the monologue above, so, let's say that besides Desdimone knowing (she's carrying the jewel with her, so she knows), Daid has a way of being aware of this aswell. Wink
Back to top Go down
Daidrax

PostSubject: Re: Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known   Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:45 am

Mona doesnt have the jewel, i can tell you that for sure
Back to top Go down
https://houseofsylvanas.forumakers.com
Othragon Rotarm

Othragon Rotarm

PostSubject: Re: Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known   Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Oh? She was right before i left, on that night she broke Ameh... but you're more up to date then i am so sure thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known   Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Darkness and Hope: Vol.3 - All Secrets Known
Page 1 of 1