House of Sylvanas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Guild // Scarshield Legion (EU) Horde

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The formation of the Council of Five

Go down 
+5
Macaberius Magnark
Svarvsven
Archnazg Magnark
Servalas
Jayantheney
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jayantheney

The formation of the Council of Five Empty
PostSubject: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 am

The council of five has been formed, to serve under the new Dark Lord and carry out his work for him when needed. The council consists of Jayantheney Dawnrunner, Broko, Agustabell Fairweather, Servalas Coldbringer, Razeal. As head councillor Jayantheney was chosen and she will be the main spokesperson of the council.

The council are going to do both IC and OOC work, and our first meeting was conducted purely OOC. Presented below are the notes of what was discussed and decided at that meeting.

Quote :
Interaction with other guilds

That other guilds view us negatively is common knowledge, and the damage is already done. It's hopefully not beyond repair though. We need to prove that the new leadership has a healthy ooc attitude and can be communicated with, and that we're not the immature prpers most people see us as.

Because of that we have agreed that it's probably best to put rp with other guilds on ice until we have more internal stability and can put real effort into improving our image.

OOC attitudes

The council of five will strive to keep all the going ons in the guild out in the open. Everyone has the right to question our actions, ask for explanations and make suggestions. We keep the right to make decisions, but are in no way dictators. If the guild are unhappy with the actions of a council member, they have the right to question their place in the council, provided they can provide constructive criticism and points as to why they want change.

Treatment of newbies

New members will have to be properly informed about the rules and command structures of the guild, both ic and ooc. New members will be introduced to their commanding officer, who will through rp orders help get them included in current rp plots and allow them to meet other guild members.

Rp – Hub & plots

In an attempt to create an rp hub for the guild we will start to gather for casual rp in Brill.

All council members will make attempts to start up various rp plots open for any member to join, more info about this will come.

The forum

The forum will be the main channel through wich the council communicate their decisions and show their work. Documenting our work is another step in making information available, and hopefully it will spark new interest in using the forum.

This is just the beginning, the next time the council meets will be ic and hopefully the start of new rp plots for the guild to participate in.

Last edited by Jayantheney on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Servalas

Servalas

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Glad we can finally get this thing started.

Oh, and Servalas has a last name as well now, remember?
Servalas Coldbringer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldofrp.com
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Ah, I had missed that. Corrected!
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Quote :
Interaction with other guilds

That other guilds view us negatively is common knowledge, and the damage is already done. It's hopefully not beyond repair though. We need to prove that the new leadership has a healthy ooc attitude and can be communicated with, and that we're not the immature prpers most people see us as.

Thanks folks.

Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am

We feels that with so few active guilds left on the server, it's imperative that we prove that we can be a contributing part of the community, while still being nasty and evil ic. Sadly, this hasn't always been possible in the past, and many still judge us by past mistakes. But we'll prove them wrong! Wink
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 am

And what mistakes would those be? And define the "community"?

Or do you mean AO and HoZ ?

Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:00 am

I won't sit down and point out specific incidents, especially as several of them a fairly far back in the past. The common denominator for most of them is lacking or failing communication OOC. And by the community I primarily mean the other rp guilds, such as HoZ, AO, WSB and Korkron Assault. There might be a few more, smaller guilds out there, as well as individual unguilded rpers, but I have yet to have contact enough with them to get to know them properly.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Bullshit.

I have lead HoS for the VAST majority of the past couple of years - yes there have been uneasy relationships, but we are all just human after all. Each to their own.

We also spoke regularly via boss channel and whispers. We've had an excellent OOC and IC relationship with the Blades. AO and HoS didn't blend well, and we didn't run into them often through mutual feelings. We have always been open to others RPing with us. If they didn't contact us, that's their problem

I do not know what kind of status quo you want to bring House of Sylvanas onto by pointing out we got sick of people on this server and failed to apply to some imaginary model.

Never thought you would stoop so low to insult an others efforts, as well. I've always been polite and well with you.
Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 pm

I didn't bring it up to place blame on anyone. It's in the past, it doesn't matter anymore. I didn't want to argue. But the fact remains that work can be done to improve our standing with rpers outside of the guild. Seeing as many of the council has experience from "the other side of the fence", having alts in other guilds, we know what the situation is like.

It could be improved, that's all we're saying. And that's what we intend to do, improve things, both for us and for those around us.

Let's just leave it be and continue looking forward, wallowing in the past will do neither of us any good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm not wallowing in the past, I just dislike the fact you so openly insult my effort and the guild I kept for ages.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 pm

But I shall not get upset over it. And if you want to go and make a brand new fun loving Forsaken guild I don't think you should be altering the House to your needs. Try making something new. I am aware more than half of this new council are alts of your guild.
Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:35 pm

It wasn't intended for you personally. The fluctuating and often confusing leadership of the guild has all played a part in it, as well as it's members. You have led the guild for a long time, yes. But you haven't been at it alone, and you haven't always been there.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Either me or Xoran, then, it was intended for, as we've been the only leaders of the past 12 months. Usually when the guild gets low on members and bored, we quit and remake it again a time after. That's generally how it it ended up happening. And that does not give you an apparent destroyed reputation.

Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 am

For those who weren't online tonight, an extended discussion on this theme took place, and certain complaints were made. They will all be adressed the next time the council meets and we will have answers after that.
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Archnazg Magnark wrote:
Either me or Xoran, then, it was intended for, as we've been the only leaders of the past 12 months. Usually when the guild gets low on members and bored, we quit and remake it again a time after. That's generally how it it ended up happening. And that does not give you an apparent destroyed reputation.

Well, if you bring Xoran into the equation then I can tell you on several occasions (with several of my chars that he had no idea was still me) that the "accusations" are indeed correct. He have completely no idea how to RP and to communicate OOCly at the same time. Over the years, and I have been in the guild quite for some time, I've never seen anything like it (for example, you meet someone in another guild and the immediate action is to have the char arrested by guards, thrown in jail and / or tortured without any OOC...its plain power RP to me and I would most likely put such a char on ignore). In my experience, you are not at all like him.

I tried to settle things with him some time back, which lead to that I left the guild and we had a mutual OOC agreement not to RP with each other... :-)

Of course you can have a total evil RP plot, but OOCly there's clearly gotta be some kind of communication or you will be unpopular in every way.

Note: no I have not been asked about these matters before but a wild guess is that similar things happened several times...
Back to top Go down
Macaberius Magnark

Macaberius Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey svarvsven,

If you're saying i have tried to keep RP as immersive as possible by limiting the amount of ooc involved you are right.

keeping the delicate balance between RP enjoyability and realism is often a double-edged sword

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy that style the way others have, and i've never kept anything against you for that.
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 am

Macaberius Magnark wrote:
keeping the delicate balance between RP enjoyability and realism is often a double-edged sword

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy that style the way others have, and i've never kept anything against you for that.

Well, probably depends on what you do. Some could RP an whole evening or a whole week without affecting chars to people you are not familiar with and easily get away with no OOC communication at all.

I've only been on this server for perhaps 5 years and the number of people that wanted to kill off my char, or similar, within 5 minutes of IC communications (and no OOC) are very few, so maybe I have been just lucky?
Back to top Go down
Celtius
Throne Provocateur

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 pm

This is one thing I agree with Arch on... if you want to completely recreate HoS into "a brand new fun loving Forsaken guild" as Arch put it, then why not just quit HoS, let is disappear along with its "terrible reputation" and start anew...

.... and "I am aware more than half of this new council are alts of your guild.".... for real?
Back to top Go down
Othragon Rotarm

Othragon Rotarm

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Power struggles have always been a part of HoS, so, once again we are making the plot happen, otherwise it would be a self-appointed council of neophytes (!) running Forsaken affairs.

We obviously can't let that ensue.
Back to top Go down
Arcturas

Arcturas

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Im not sure how this is gonna play out tbh.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Would play out fine if we appointed some of the "opposing" side on the council.
Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:46 pm

I was under the impression that this discussion was finished.

Only I am an alt of a main in HoZ, but there are other members in the guild that has characters in several other guilds.

As for changing the guild I repeat. Again. That we are not changing any of the ic direction or style of the guild. If you people have such a hard time seeing the difference between ooc and ic, you should stop and have a long think about where you draw the line between yourself and your character.

The reason the people in question are in the council is beacuse they are active and interested in keeping the guild running. The people currently opposing us have all admitted to giving up on the guild, leaving it, leaving the rp, the server and any combination of the above, and even said they'd rather let it die. If that's how you feel, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Just leave the people still playing in peace. We all know the only reason you came back at all is because of us so stop pretending.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg Magnark

Archnazg Magnark

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 pm

It's come to the point where we've all came back to ensure the guild doesn't go to hell.

"We people" are here to stay.
Back to top Go down
Jayantheney

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 pm

I would say I'm glad that our work to have rp pick up in the guild is succeeding then, but it feels like your only intention is to work against any actual progress at all. But we will keep to our word of treating everyone fairly, as long as they retain their ability to tell the difference between characters and players.
Back to top Go down
Agustabell Fairweather

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Oh, all of a sudden you care again? Interesting. If the guild and its future are so dear to you, why did you decide to just leave again without any obvious reason?

What makes you think your way of running the guild is the only one? And please don't forget that you were the one letting it go to hell in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The formation of the Council of Five   The formation of the Council of Five Empty

Back to top Go down

The formation of the Council of Five
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of Sylvanas :: Public :: What's happening?!-
Jump to: